Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Today and Yesterday

Pretty high octane two days for me. Did a brick workout yesterday.Definition of a brick workout is one activity immediately followed by another. ex. biking and then running. This is exactly what I did yesterday, except in a slightly modified form. I decicded to do a formal run through of the upcoming Oakley City Duathlon on Sunday. It is a 2k run followed by a 5k bike ride and finishes off with a 1k run. I got to Nassim Road and proceeded with the run then bike without problems, until I got off the bike for the second leg of running. Even though it was only 1k, it was the hardest 1k of my life. My legs were unaccustomed from going straight from pedaling to running, I ran through in a weird sort of shuffle to finish the whole thing in 21 minutes.

Today, I broke my PB for the one mile run! It was a school mile race, and started at about 10 a.m. today. The weather was great(a slight drizzle which made for cool air), I ran a 6.30 mile. 19 seconds off my old PB. The funny thing was I didnt even feel tired after the run. That is a good sign because the final mile race is next week and I am hoping to break 6.30.

At about 6 tonight, I walked up and down my stairs for a total of 60 stories. I walked with my heavy, leather hiking boots and a 30 pound pack in preparation for a backpacking trip next month in the U.S.

Rest day tomorrow.

No comments: