Thursday, May 3, 2007

Recovery Run

Just had a rather long, painful dentist appointment and didn't get home till 6.30 and was saying to myself I am too sore, too tired (had just run a 100 meter dash in 14 seconds and did a 4 meter long jump for PE at school). My pride prevailed though, so I went running. I took a route up past Tanglin Shopping Center and into Nassim Road. For anyone that lives near Nassim Road, I advise you to take a run/walk or bike ride there. It is a lovely, semi-quiet, shady road that is a joy to run in. I came out at the back entrance of the Botanic Gardens and finished with a sprint past Gleneagles which left me gasping for air. Since I ran this run as a recovery run I didn't push the pace (until the end)-7.26 per mile or the distance-3.05 miles. My legs felt heavy from the 100 meter dash, but otherwise I felt fine.

Mile Splits-

Mile 1-7.12

Mile 2-7.34

Mile 3-7.25

No comments: