Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Run


Did a 5k on Mother's Day. Dad and I ran with E on bike, through one of our favorite stretches of Singapore-the Dempsey Area. The Dempsey Road area used to be a quiet, secluded part of Singapore-for runners and cyclists, but I sense a great change coming. We ran to the warehouses,(the picture on the left is one of the warehouses) which are usually deserted and were surprised to see them being torn down and replaced with restaurants, a mini-mall, and even a Ben and Jerry's. The place was jam packed with people-mostly foreigners, which made it quite unpleasant. I guiltily admit that I am jealous that people have found out about Dempsey, guess I will have to learn to share.

Anyway, on with the run. After reaching Dempsey, we turned off into the quiet side roads and I did a hill repeat with Dad on one of the hills, with an intention of doing 2-3 more, but continued on because my legs felt really heavy. E got off her bike to do some repeats with Dad, but I continued ahead. I ran a total of 3.33 miles at an average pace of 7.09 per mile. I decided to sprint the last 400 meters to my house, all uphill, and by the end my chest and legs were screaming with pain. I was happy I got to go running because I needed to train for the upcoming Oakley City Duathlon. The duathlon consists of a 2k run followed by a 5k bike ride and finishes up with a 1k run.

Mile Splits-

Mile 1- 7.15

Mile 2- 7.11

Mile 3- 6.59

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I like your blog, syoud should keep bloging up as your hobby, I see that it really fits you.

Anonymous said...

keep going buddy....or is it bud?