Thursday, May 10, 2007

100 Mile Barrier Broken!

3.31 miles ran today, hard. More importantly, after this run I had broke 100 miles since I got my Nike+Ipod kit a few months ago. The Nike+Ipod kit tells you how far you ran, your current pace and distance through a sensor implanted in a compatible Nike shoe and the data is transmitted to a sensor attached to your Ipod Nano.

Feels great to have run 100 miles. A big accomplishment for me. No relaxing though, I have the Oakley City Duathlon in two weeks, the Brooks Life Run 10k in three weeks and a Macritchie Runners time trial in 4 weeks. I have a busy month ahead. MUST TRAIN HARD!

Anyway, today's run took me through the Botanic Gardens where I nearly ran right on top of a monitor lizard before it skittered away into the brush. Then I continued on to the Orchard area for some hill repeats. I did five hill repeats up a moderately steep hill and every time I ran up the hill, a little dog kept jumping up and down and barking at me. Gave me some amusement to help fight through the pain of sprinting uphill. Also, when I was doing my hill repeats, some old aunties walked by me and shook their heads as if to say "stupid boy, running up, down hill, he kill himself lah". This was my first run in a week and I felt tired. I ran 3.31 miles with an average pace of 7.11 per mile. The run was also ran in negative mile splits.

Mile Splits:

Mile 1- 7.26

Mile 2- 7.20

Mile 3- 7.11

No comments: